2018 CTEOS Research Academy
Putting CTEOS Data To Work
August 3, 2018
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Join us for a CTEOS hands-on learning event on August 3, 2018 in Sonoma County!
The CTE Outcomes Survey (CTEOS) is in its seventh year of gathering employment outcomes (and other) data from former California Community College CTE students. For the second year, the “CTE Data Unlocked” initiative of the Workforce & Economic Development Division at the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office underwrote the costs so that all 114 community colleges in the system could participate. For more information, visit the CTEOS project website.
This year, the CTEOS Research Academy will be hosting an entire LaunchBoard track. The LaunchBoard is a statewide data system supported by the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and hosted by Cal-PASS Plus, provides data (including CTEOS data) to California community colleges on progress, employment, and earnings outcomes for both CTE and non-CTE pathways. For more information, visit the LaunchBoard website.
At the CTEOS Research Academy, participants will learn about the many ways these data have been used, and gain practical ideas for further utilizing these data.
Who should come: The CTEOS Research Academy is designed for institutional researchers, CTE deans and administrators, deputy sector navigators, marketing/communications specialists, and other stakeholders interested in learning about and promoting the employment outcomes of CTE programs. We have sessions to accommodate all levels of familiarity with CTEOS and LaunchBoard.
Registrations are limited so register early! Registration is only $100 and includes breakfast, lunch and breaks.
Qualified travel costs including one night’s hotel, transportation, and travel meals will be reimbursed. Click here to find out more about reimbursements.
Payments made by check are due in full by July 23, 2018. Make checks payable to Santa Rosa Jr. College and send to:
Santa Rosa Junior College
Attention: Karen Maddux
680 Sonoma Mountain Parkway
Petaluma, CA 94954
Below is a list of suggested hotels in Petaluma. Hotel accommodations for the night of August 2nd will be reimbursed up to $250. Please refer to the Reimbursement Information and Guidelines.
Hotel Petaluma - Reserve Room
Hampton Inn Petaluma - Reserve Room
Attendees traveling more than 80 miles are eligible for reimbursement for the night of Thursday, August 2nd. Please see Reimbursement Information and Guidelines.
- Air travel- Attendees should book the lowest available coach fare to Oakland (OAK), San Francisco (SFO), or Santa Rosa (STS) airport.
- Airport Shuttle Service is available from these airports through Sonoma County Airport Express to the Petaluma Fairgrounds. Making reservation and purchasing your ticket in advance is recommended. Click here for shuttle schedule and fare information.
- Rental Car - Colleges sending two or more attendees are encouraged to rent a car at the airport and carpool to Petaluma. Traveling from SFO or OAK airports require toll bridge crossings. Request from the car rental agency, toll road expenses to be included up-front with your car rental agreement/expense.
- Personal Car - Mileage will be reimbursed based on the current IRS mileage rate of 54.5¢. Driving in lieu of flying cannot exceed the cost of the airfare plus ground transportation.
- Uber - Attendees will be provided a limited number of free Uber rides while traveling in and around Petaluma. Attendees will be sent an Uber promo code as the event date approaches.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations requested by July 23rd will receive a full refund. Cancellations received after July 23rd and no shows are not eligible for refund. Submit cancellation requests to Karen Maddux at email@example.com.
- For questions related to registration, travel or reimbursements, contact Karen Maddux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding CTEOS or the Research Academy, send an email to Michael Pham at email@example.com.